Quitting smoking is among the most important steps people can take to enhance their health. This is correct regardless of how old they are or the length of time they have been smoking. In this post we look at the physical health related stop smoking benefits you get following quitting. For information about my stop smoking hypnosis download, click here.
Stop smoking benefits:
- Improves your health standing and improves quality of life.
- Decreases the danger of premature death and can add up to 10 years to life expectancy.
- Lowers the threat for many damaging health effects, including poor reproductive health consequences, cardiovascular diseases, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and cancer.
- Benefits the health of pregnant women and their foetuses and babies.
- Decreases the financial stress that smoking places on people who smoke, healthcare systems, and society.
- Benefits individuals already diagnosed with coronary heart disease or COPD.
While quitting earlier in life brings higher health benefits, stopping smoking is beneficial to health at any age. Also people who have smoked for several years or have smoked heavily will benefit from quitting smoking.
Stopping smoking benefits not just the smoker themselves but is the one best way to guard family members, colleagues and others from the health hazards connected with breathing second hand smoke. If you would like to quit smoking, try my 7Step quit smoking app MP3 download programme.
Cardiovascular health stop smoking benefits
Quitting smoking is one of the most important steps people who smoke can take to decrease their chance for cardiovascular disease.
Stopping smoking health benefits:
- Decreases the chance of disease and death from cardiovascular disease.
- Decreases markers of inflammation and hypercoagulability.
- Brings about rapid improvement in high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) levels.
- Decreases the development of subclinical atherosclerosis and slows down its progression over time.
- Decreases the chance of coronary heart disease with risk falling sharply one to two years following cessation and then decreasing more slowly over the longer term.
- Decreases the risk of disease and death from stroke with risk nearing that of non- smokers following cessation.
- Decreases the risk of abdominal aortic aneurysm, with risk lowering progressively with time since cessation.
- Could decrease the risk of atrial fibrillation, sudden cardiac death, heart failure, venous thromboembolism, and peripheral arterial disease (PAD).
People already diagnosed with coronary heart disease also benefit from giving up smoking.
Giving up smoking after a diagnosis of coronary heart disease benefits you by:
- Decreases the chance of early death.
- Decreases the chance of death from heart disease,
- Decreases the chance of having a first heart attack or another heart attack.
Respiratory Health stop smoking benefits
Stopping smoking is probably the most important measures people who smoke can take to minimize their risk for respiratory diseases.
Stop smoking health benefits include:
Decreases the risk of developing COPD.
Among those with COPD, decreases the progression of COPD and decreases the loss of lung functionality as time passes.
- Decreases respiratory indicators (e.g., cough, sputum production, wheezing).
- Decreases respiratory infections (e.g. bronchitis, pneumonia).
- Can improve lung function, decrease symptoms, and improve treatment effects amongst individuals with asthma.
- Cancer-related health stop smoking benefits
Giving up smoking is probably the most important measures people who smoke might take to decrease their chance of getting cancer.
Quitting smoking reduces the risk of 12 different cancers, including:
- acute myeloid leukaemia (AML)
- cancer of the lung
- colon and rectum
- mouth and throat (oral cavity and pharynx)
- voice box (larynx)
- For cancer survivors, giving up smoking could improve prognosis and minimize risk of premature death.
Reproductive health stop smoking benefits
Stopping smoking is one of the most important steps women who smoke can take for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy newborn. The best time for women to stop smoking is before they try to get pregnant. But stopping at any time during pregnancy can benefit mother and baby’s wellness. If you would love to stop smoking, try my 7 step quit smoking app download today.
Stop smoking health benefits include:
- Prior to pregnancy or early in pregnancy decreases the chance for a small-for-gestational-age baby.
- During pregnancy decreases the chance of delivering a low birth weight for the newborn.
- At the outset of pregnancy removes the negative effects of smoking on foetal development.
- Before pregnancy or early in pregnancy can decrease the risk of preterm delivery.
- Stop smoking health benefits over time
Stop smoking benefits timeline
As time passes, individuals who stop smoking see many benefits to their health. After you smoke your final cigarette, your body starts a series of positive adjustments that continue for years.
Would you like to stop smoking? If you would like to see the benefits of stopping smoking in your life and health, my hypnotherapy smoking app download can help you today.